Saturday, February 19, 2011

{Party} A First Birthday to Help the Animals!

{Partridge Photography}

When my good friend, Veronica, asked me to help her style her son's 1st birthday party, I jumped at the chance!  I do love to plan the treats for a party, especially for a child.  Since she wanted an animal themed party, it was an easy decision to support an organization that protects our world's wildlife.  On my sister Michelle's suggestion, we researched the World Wildlife Fund.  Partridge Photography captured every little detail of the party!



We let everyone know that the family was supporting WWF and encouraged them to do the same.


Veronica's three older children loved adopting "Maxee" and truly believe they own a tiger!  The WWF has been protecting nature and wildlife for over 45 years.  As a conservation organization they work to protect natural areas and wild populations of plants and animals.  There are over 100 species to adopt and 83 cents of every donated dollar goes toward conservation.  There are lots of other ways to support WWF, feel free to check it out here:



{dessert table details}


A birthday party isn't complete without a table full of treats and snacks.  Everything was styled in the animal theme.  I worked with my friend Jennifer to design the cupcake toppers, banner, cake topper and labels.  The fun stripes and designs were inspired by the collections of The TomKat Studio. {so many to chose from!} I had so much fun making the animal and sprinkles cake pops!  You can never have too many cake pops! {recipe by Bakerella}  The animal oreos, marshmallow pops and lion head marshmallows were a fun project my children could help with.  The adorable animal custom cookies were made by talented baker Tracey Lowe.  Tracey can turn anything into a cookie piece of art!  I love the polka dot balloons from Polka Dot Market (thank you Sally for getting them here in the nick of time)!  The animal themed cake matched everything perfectly and was made by Nadine of Femme Fondants.  SO many details go into planning a party, couldn't do it without the help of creative gals everywhere!


{maxim, 1 year old!}
Maxim may not have been aware that all the excitement was about him, celebrating his BIG FIRST BIRTHDAY!  But all of us that were there relished in the chance to shower him with love and birthday wishes, along with his tiger "maxee!"  I even made his special birthday hat to stick with the animal theme!

{proud mom and dad with maxim}
Getting to do what I love to do and bringing awareness to a cause or an organization at the same time is double rewarding for me.  Since I started this project almost 7 weeks ago I have already experienced some pretty moving things, and I know that the journey will gt better and better.  It really takes so little to reach out to someone, or something, or somewhere....we think it will take alot from us, our time, or money, but its much simpler than that.  Each of us has such huge potential to give....we only have to stop and see things a bit differently.
Thank you Veronica for trusting me with Maxim's dessert table!  Its always amazing planning an event with you.


p.s.
Watch for for the posting from our very special Valentine's Day act of kindness!

6 comments:

  1. Very cool! Another "tiger" in your tank! Looking forward to what's next!
    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! This charity is close to my heart - and you did a wonderful job celebrating all the good of WWF's mission, while making if great fun for the kids. I am so enjoying following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for ALL the support!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you jenn for helping make maxims day perfect! Im so privileged to have a friend like you in my life.

    ReplyDelete