Monday, January 24, 2011

Bust a Move Rally and Forty 4 Change!

(the superhero in all of us!)
 Last week I attended the Bust a Move rally where I had been asked to give a speech about Forty 4 Change.  Very exciting!   There were about 150 people there and the entire gym was transformed into a pink superhero festival complete with Paula Abdul card board cutout and superhero boards you could have your picture taken with.  I was introduced to speak first, which wasn't nerve wracking at all! :)  It was easy to talk about all the reasons for doing 40 philanthropic acts....I was excited to share my enthusiasm for the event and the cause and was hoping to motivate people to not only raise their $1000 commitment but perhaps inspire a participant/s to join bippity boppity boobs! Well,  I think I got my point across....because 4 different women came up to me at the end of the night and asked if they could join our bippity boppity boobs team!!!  I was so excitied!  We now have 27 team members!  And I am proud to say we are in 2nd place for team fundraising efforts.  And our very own team member Karen Flemming is in 6th place for total fundraising dollars!! Way to go Karen.  Thank you to everyone for the money raised so far.  You are all superheros!!!

(team bippity boppity boobs! makes a showing at the rally)
We are still trying to reach our goal of 40 members and have even secured a few MEN for our team!!! There is still time to register.  If joining the team isn't your thing you can still participate by making a general donation on our team page.


bippity boppity boobs!


(a little pre-bust a move dancing!)

p.s.
It seems that the Forty 4 Change fever is spreading....stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I imagine this was a really inspiring way to kick off the Bust A Move challenge. Wish I could have been there to hear you speak! You still have time to get 40 participants on your team - sending you lots of positive philanthropic (and physical fitness) vibes! :-D

    ReplyDelete